Xiaomi announced its latest smartphone- Xiaomi Mi Play in the new Play series in China. The main highlight of the smartphone is its water-drop notch display, gradient finish and (of course) AI dual rear cameras.
Xiaomi Mi Play: The New Series!
The Mi Play packs in a 5.84-inch FHD+ display with a water-drop notch, powered by the yet-to-be-announced MediaTek Helio P35 12nm SoC with CPU/GPU Turbo, coupled with 4GB of RAM, paired by 64GB expandable storage, runs on Android Oreo and all these backed by a 3000mAh battery.
Coming to the cameras, it comes with a 12-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 2-megapixel secondary camera to capture depth information in portrait shots, AI scene detection and an 8-megapixel front camera with AI Beautify and AI portrait mode. It comes with a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, dedicated dual SIM and microSD card slots.
Xiaomi Mi Play Specifications
- 5.84-inch (2280×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 2.5D curved glass display, 1500:1 contrast ratio with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 2.3GHz Octa-Core (ARM Cortex A53) MediaTek Helio P35 12nm Processor
- 680 MHz IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 64GB (eMMC 5.1) storage + expandable via microSD (up to 256GB)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, 1.25μm pixel size, PDAF, EIS, 2MP secondary camera
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Android 8.1 Oreo with MIUI 10
- 3000mAh battery
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dual SIM, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 /5GHz) Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 147.76×71.89×7.8mm; Weight: 150g
The Xiaomi Mi Play comes in Black, Dream Blue, and Twilight Gold colors. It is priced at 1099 yuan (~US$ 159 / Rs. 11,155) for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version and is available for order in China from today and goes on sale from tomorrow.
For the fast reports, deep insights & opinion on consumer technology, and more, subscribe to TechDipper on Telegram. You can also follow TechDipper on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.