Vivo launched its flagship smartphone – Vivo NEX 2 smartphone, a successor to the very experimental Vivo NEX launched. The main highlight of the smartphone is its dual display, camera features, and in-display fingerprint sensor.
Vivo NEX 2: The Version 2!
The NEX 2 packs in a 6.39-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED screen and a secondary display on the back with 5.49-inch FHD resolution, powered by Snapdragon 845 SoC, paired with 10GB RAM, paired with 128GB storage, runs on Android 9.0 Pie, and 3500mAh battery with 22.5W fast charging.
Coming to the cameras, it sports a 12-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX363 sensor, 4-axis OIS and uses a 2-megapixel secondary night vision camera with 2.9μm pixel size. In addition to that, it has TOF 3D Sensing camera for high-precision 3D depth information using 300,000 infrared points.
Furthermore, the 3D TOF camera can be used for face lock as well as payments. There are 16 RGB lights at 24.6mm diameter arranged circularly that can be used as a notification LED or when capturing selfies. The phone has an in-display fingerprint sensor which promises 17% better unlocking compared to the predecessor at just 0.29 seconds.
Vivo NEX 2 Dual Screen Specifications
- 6.39-inch (2340×1080 pixels) Full HD+ Super AMOLED 19:5:9 aspect ratio display, DCI-P3 color gamut
- 5.49-inch (1920×1080 pixels) Full HD Super AMOLED display
- 2.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 845 64-bit 10nm Mobile Platform
- Adreno 630 GPU
- 10GB RAM
- 128GB storage
- 12MP Dual PD rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, Sony IMX363 sensor, 4-axis OIS, f/1.79 aperture, secondary 2MP night vision camera with f/1.8 aperture, 2.9μm pixel size, 3D TOF camera with f/1.3 aperture
- Android 9.0 Pie With Funtouch OS 4.5
- 3500mAh battery with 22.5W fast charging
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, AK-4377A amplifier, deep space sound
- Dual SIM, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 157.19×75.3×8.09m; Weight: 199.2g
The Vivo NEX Dual Screen phone comes in Ice Blue and Star Purple colors with gradient finish. It is priced at 4998 yuan (~US$ 724 / Rs. 52,080) and is available for order and will go on sale in China from December 29th.
For the fast reports, deep insights & opinion on consumer technology, and more, subscribe to TechDipper on Telegram. You can also follow TechDipper on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.