Sharp has announced its latest smartphone AQUOS R2 Compact smartphone with dual notch design with front camera at the top of the display, has a compact body with a width of 64mm making to easy to hold.
Sharp AQUOS R2 Compact
The AQUOS R2 Compact comes with 5.2-inch Full HD+ (2,280 x 1,080 pixels) 19:9 IGZO display with dual-notch design, powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 845, coupled with 4GB RAM, paired with 64GB expandable storage, runs on Android Pie and is backed by a 2500mAh battery.
Coming to the camera, it has a 22.6-megapixel rear camera with f/1.9 aperture and at the front, it has an 8-megapixel selfie camera. In addition to that, it has a fingerprint sensor at the bottom and also features face unlock. It is also water and dust resistant (IPX 5 – IPX8 / IP6X).
Sharp AQUOS R2 Compact Specifications
- 5.2-inch Full HD+ (2,280 x 1,080 pixels) 19:9 IGZO LCD 2.5D curved glass display, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 2.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 845 64-bit 10nm Mobile Platform
- Adreno 630 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 64GB storage (UFS) + expandable via microSD (up to 512GB)
- 22.6MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.9 aperture, OIS
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Android 9.0 Pie
- 2,500mAh battery with fast charging
- Fingerprint sensor
- Water and dust resistant (IPX 5 – IPX8 / IP6X)
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS with GLONASS, USB-C
- Dimension: 131 x 64 x 9.3mm; Weight: 131g
The SHARP AQUOS R2 Compact comes in Smoke Green, Deep White and Pure Black colors. It will go on sale in Japan after mid-January 2019. Pricing will be revealed closer to the launch, as now nothing is official.
For the fast reports, deep insights & opinion on consumer technology, and more, subscribe to TechDipper on Telegram. You can also follow TechDipper on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.