Samsung has announced its latest premium Android Flip phone – Samsung W2019 (SM-W2019) in China. It has a 3D glass with a metal design, and has a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, which is not usual for Samsung smartphones.
Samsung W2019: Android Flip Phone
The W2019 features a dual 4.2-inch 1080p Super AMOLED displays, powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC, coupled with 6GB RAM, paired with 128GB/256GB expandable storage, runs on Android Oreo and all these are backed by a 3,070mAh battery.
Coming to the camera, it sports dual 12-megapixel rear cameras with the primary sensor that uses f/1.5 aperture for night shots for a brighter picture and f/2.4 aperture for normal shots in the daytime. At the front, it has 8-megapixel front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture.
Samsung W2019 Specifications
- 4.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Super AMOLED dual displays
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC
- Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB RAM
- 128GB / 256GB storage + expandable via microSD (up to 512GB)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.5 or f/2.4 aperture, OIS, secondary 12MP camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture
- Android 8.0 Oreo
- 3,070mAh battery
- Fingerprint sensor
- Hybrid dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2X2 MIMO), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS + GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 132.9 x 63.4 x 17.3mm: 257g
The Samsung W2019 comes in Rose Gold and Platinum colors, and is priced at 18,999 Yuan (~ US$ 2729 / Rs. 1,98,720) for the base 128GB version. It is on sale in China. No word from the company on whether or not it will hit other markets.