OnePlus has announced its flagship smartphone OnePlus 6T in India at an event in Delhi. It was introduced at an in New York, a day ago. The smartphone hasn’t changed from outside and is pretty identical to OnePlus 6 (as always).
ALSO READ: Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 With Up To 10GB RAM, Slide-out design, Dual Front And Rear Cameras Announced!
OnePlus 6T: An Addition Of T!
The OnePlus 6T packs in a larger 6.41-inch Optic AMOLED display with a waterdrop notch that also houses three-in-one ambient/distance/RGB sensor and front-facing camera, powered by Snapdragon 845 SoC, coupled with 6GB/8GB RAM, paired with 128GB/256GB storage, runs on Android Pie and is backed by a much larger 3700mAh battery backed by Dash Charge fast charging.
Coming to the camera, the OnePlus 6T features a 16-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX519 sensor, f/1.7 aperture, OIS as well as EIS, 20-megapixel secondary camera with Sony IMX376K sensor and f/1.7 aperture. At the front, it has a 16-megapixel Sony IMX 371 sensor, same as the OnePlus 6.
ALSO READ: OnePlus Type-C Bullets Earphones Announced In India For Rs. 1490
Furthermore, it comes with Nightscape mode that can recognize night scenes and delivers brighter, more vivid images with more clarity and less noise. It would be interesting to see how this feature performs, as Google Pixel 3/3XL also comes with this sort of feature. Well, this will also be coming to OnePlus 6 via a software update soon.
OnePlus 6T: Features!
Along with powerful internals, OnePlus has also bundled a few software tricks for you to get the most out of it as the in-display fingerprint sensor, which can be configured to quick launch an app when you continue pressing it once the phone is unlocked.
In addition to that, the 6T has support for Smart Boost technology that improves app start speeds to 5 to 20% by storing data from frequently used apps in the phone’s RAM. Along with the in-display fingerprint, the 6T also features ‘Screen Unlock’, which according to the company can unlock the 6T in 0.34 seconds.
ALSO READ: Huawei Kirin 980 Vs Qualcomm Snapdragon 845: What’s The Difference?
The company has retained the alert slider from the predecessor, however, it doesn’t have a 3.5mm audio jack. Apart from these, the OnePlus 6T features an all-glass body with aluminium edges, which not only increases durability but also creates a 3D effect that accentuates the signature OnePlus horizon line.
OnePlus 6T Specifications
- 6.41-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19.5:9 aspect ratio Optic AMOLED display with 100.63% sRGB colour gamut, DCI-P3 colour gamut, over 600 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- 2.8GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 10nm Mobile Platform
- Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB/8GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 128GB (UFS 2.1)/256GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- 16MP rear camera with dual LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, 1/2.6″ Sony IMX519 sensor, 1.22μm pixel size, OIS, EIS, secondary 20MP camera with Sony IMX376K sensor, f/1.7 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size, 480 fps slo-mo at 720p, 240 fps at 1080p, 4k at 60 fps
- 16MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX 371 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size
- Android 8.1 Oreo with OxygenOS 5.1
- 3700mAh battery with Dash Charge (5V–4A)
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- USB Type-C audio, Bottom-facing speaker, Dirac HD Sound
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB-C
- Dimensions: 157.7×74.8×8.2mm; Weight: 185g
ALSO READ: What Is OPPO Hyper Boost Smartphone Acceleration Technology? [Explained]
The OnePlus 6 comes in Mirror Black and Midnight Black. The 6GB RAM with 128GB version is priced at Rs. 37,999, while 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs Rs. 41,999 and the top-end 8GB RAM with 256GB storage version cost Rs. 45,999.
It will go on sale in India exclusively on Amazon.in as well as OnePlus.in from November 1st midnight. The open sale begins from November 3rd through OnePlus.in, Amazon, OnePlus stores, Reliance Digital and Croma stores offline.
- Rs. 2000 instant discount on the purchase of OnePlus 6T on Amazon.in with ICICI Credit / Debit and Citi Credit cards for a limited period
- No cost EMI for 6 months on Amazon.in between 1 and 5 November
- Rs. 1000 cashback in the form of Amazon Pay balance on purchase using any prepaid payment method between November 1, 2018, to November 5, 2018
- Rs 5400 instant cashback in the form of 36 cashback vouchers of Rs 150 for Jio users that can be redeemed to recharge Jio plan of Rs.299
- Accidental and Liquid Damage Protection insurance worth Rs.2000 free on opening a Kotak 811 Account from November 2, 2018, to June 30, 2019
- Pay 6% for any eBook and get up to a maximum discount of Rs. 500 eBook promotion credits between November 1, 2018, and December 31, 2018
For the latest tech news, follow TechDipper on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.