Apple announced its new iPad Pro 2018 (11-inch and 12.9-inch) models at its New York event. Both of these iPad’ have an all-screen design with Liquid Retina True Tone displays with refresh rate up to 120Hz.
Apple’ New iPad Pro 2018
The new iPad Pro’ 2018 is powered by an A12X Bionic 7nm chip with next-generation Neural Engine, seven-core and Apple-designed GPU. It also replaces the Home button and Touch ID with Face ID. Not just that, the second-generation Apple Pencil magnetically attaches to iPad Pro and wirelessly charges at the same time.
Furthermore, Apple (for the first time) has replaced the Lightning connect with USB-C connector that offers power for charging, supports USB 3.1 Gen 2 for high-bandwidth data transfers up to twice the speed to and from cameras and musical instruments and drives external displays up to 5K.
You can also use the USB-C on the iPad Pro to charge an iPhone. It promises up to 10-hour battery life. In addition to that, the new Smart Keyboard Folio that attaches magnetically to the back of iPad Pro comes with a durable, lightweight cover that protects both the front and back, has a full-size keyboard and lets you adjust it in two viewing angles.
Apple iPad Pro 2018 Specifications
- 11-inch (2388 x 1668 pixels) Liquid Retina display with P3 Color Gamut, 600 nits brightness, 264 PPI
- 12.9-inch (2732 x 2048pixels) Liquid Retina display with P3 Color Gamut, 600 nits brightness, 264 PPI
- Octa-Core A12X Bionic 7nm chip with 64-bit architecture, 7-core GPU and M12 motion coprocessor
- 64GB/256GB/512GB/1TB storage variants
- 12MP 1080p camera, f/1.8 aperture, 5P lens, Hybrid IR filter,
Quad-LED True Tone flash
- 7MP HD front-facing FaceTime HD camera, f/2.2 aperture, Portrait mode
Portrait Lighting, Retina Flash
- iOS 12
- Five microphones for calls, video recording, and audio recording, Four speaker audio
- 4G LTE (optional), Wi‑Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz); HT80 with MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, USB-C
- Dimensions (11-inch): 247.6x 178.5x 5.9mm; Weight: 468g
- Dimensions (12.9-inch): 280.6x 214.9 x 5.9mm; Weight: 631g
- 11-inch – 29.37-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery with Up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video, or listening to music,
- 12.9-inch – 36.71-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery with Up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video, or listening to music
Pricing And Availability
iPad Pro 11-inch
- iPad Pro 11″ 64GB WiFi – $799 (Rs. 58,725 approx.)
- iPad Pro 11″ 256GB WiFi – $949 (Rs. 69,760 approx.)
- iPad Pro 11″ 512GB WiFi – $1149 (Rs. 84,475 approx.)
- iPad Pro 11″ 1TB WiFi – $1549 (Rs. 1,13,890 approx.)
- iPad Pro 11″ 64GB WiFi + Cellular – $949 (Rs. 69,760 approx.)
- iPad Pro 11″ 256GB WiFi + Cellular – $1099 (Rs. 80,800 approx.)
- iPad Pro 11″ 512GB WiFi + Cellular – $1299 (Rs. 95,500 approx.)
- iPad Pro 11″ 1TB WiFi + Cellular – $1699 (Rs. 1,24,920 approx.)
iPad Pro 12-inch
- iPad Pro 12.9″ 64GB WiFi – $999 (Rs. 73,450 approx.)
- iPad Pro 12.9″ 256GB WiFi – $1149 (Rs. 84,475 approx.)
- iPad Pro 12.9″ 512GB WiFi – $1349 (Rs. 99,185 approx.)
- iPad Pro 12.9″ 1TB WiFi – $1749 (Rs. 1,28,595 approx.)
- iPad Pro 12.9″ 64GB WiFi + Cellular – $1149 (Rs. 84,475 approx.)
- iPad Pro 12.9″ 256GB WiFi + Cellular – $1299 (Rs. 95,500 approx.)
- iPad Pro 12.9″ 512GB WiFi + Cellular – $1499 (Rs. 1,10,230 approx.)
- iPad Pro 12.9″ 1TB WiFi + Cellular – $1899 (Rs. 1,39,630 approx.)
- Second generation Apple Pencil – $129 (Rs. 9,480 approx.)
- Smart Keyboard Folio – $179 (Rs. 9,480 approx.) for 11″ iPad Pro / $199 (Rs. 13,160 approx.) for 12.9″ iPad Pro
The new 11-inch and 12.9-inch iPad Pro come in Silver and Space Gray colours and will be available from apple.com and Apple Stores starting Wednesday, November 7, in the US and more than 40 additional countries.
It will be available in 18 more countries including India later this year. The new 11-inch and 12.9-inch iPad Pro price start at Rs. 89,900 (MRP) and Rs. 71,900 (MRP), respectively for the base WiFi variant. The Apple Pencil 2 which costs Rs 10,900 (MRP) and the new Smart Keyboard Folio costs Rs 15,900 (MRP) for the 11-inch iPad Pro and Rs. 17,900 (MRP) for the 12.9-inch iPad Pro. All these will go on sale from November 7th in India.
For the fast reports, deep insights & opinion on consumer technology, and more, subscribe to TechDipper on Telegram. You can also follow TechDipper on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.