Xiaomi has announced its latest flagship smartphone in the Mi MIX series – Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 at an event in China. The main highlights of this smartphone the slide-out design, feature-packed internals, and camera features.
Xiaomi Mi MIX 3: A Slide-Out Vision!
The Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 packs in a 6.39-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display, powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC, coupled with 6GB/8GB/10GB LPDDR4X RAM, paired with 128GB/128GB,256GB/256GB UFS 2.1 non-expandable storage, runs on Android Oreo and is backed by 3,850mAh battery with support for fast charging as well as 10W wireless charging (comes with the wireless charger in the box).
Coming to the camera, it has a 12-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX363 sensor and a secondary 12-megapixel telephoto lens with Samsung S5K3M3+ sensor for AI portraits, has AI scene recognition and loss-less zoom. At the front, it has a 24-megapixel front camera with Sony IMX576 sensor, 4-in-1 Super Pixel and secondary 2-megapixel DOF sensor as well as selfie flash.
In addition to that, it has 4K video recording and 960fps slow-motion video recording. It also comes with Steady handheld night photography for better low-light images. Not just that, the phone has got 103 DxOMark mobile scores, with an excellent DxOMark Photo score of 108 points and video score of 93 points.
Xiaomi Mi MIX 3: Slide-Out Design
The MIX 3 has a magnetic slider design with neodymium permanent magnets, making the sliding screen more reliable and functional. You can answer a call, take a selfie, open the shortcuts drawer and do more just by sliding up.
You can also personalize the sound of the screen sliding with five different sounds. The company says that the slider will last for 300,000 cycles. Just to make clear, these mechanical sliders are flimsy, so it agentivity is questionable.
The MIX 3 comes with a customized antenna design so the antenna space is reduced by 72%. It supports for Google ARCore and AI voice assistant. Well, the company said that Mi MIX 3 5G will launch in Q1 2019.
Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 Specifications
- 6.39-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:5:9 display with 103.8% NTSC Color Gamut, 60000:1 contrast ratio, 600 nits brightness
- 2.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 845 64-bit 10nm Mobile Platform
- Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB/8GB/10GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 128GB (UFS 2.1) / 128GB, 256GB (UFS 2.1) / 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- 12MP rear camera with 26mm wide-angle lens, 1/2.6″ Sony IMX363 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, 1.4µm pixel size, dual LED flash, 4-axis OIS, Optical zoom, 4K video recording, 960 fps slo-mo recording, secondary 12MP rear camera with Samsung S5K3M3+ sensor, 1.0 µm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture, 2X zoom
- 24MP front-facing camera with Super Pixel low-light tech, secondary 2MP DOF camera, customized high CRI selfie light
- Android 8.1 Oreo with MIUI 10
- 3,850mAh battery with fast charging, 10W Qi wireless charging
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (4×4 MU-MIMO), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB-C
Xiaomi Mi MIX 3: Pricing
The Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 comes in Onyx Black, Jade Green, and Sapphire Blue colors, and is priced at 3299 yuan (~US$ 474 / Rs. 34,800) for the 6GB RAM + 128GB storage version, while the 8GB RAM + 128GB storage is priced at 3599 yuan (~US$ 518 / Rs. 37,965) for the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version, and the 8GB RAM + 256GB storage version costs 3999 yuan (~US$ 575 / Rs. 42,185).
The top-end 10GB RAM with 256GB storage ‘The Palace Museum’ Special Edition that comes with 24K gold-coated bronze statue costs 4999 yuan (US$ 719 / Rs. 52,770). It will go on sale in China from November 1st.