Xiaomi backed Black Shark announced its next iteration of gaming smartphone – Black Shark Helo Gaming Phone in China. The smartphone features two liquid two liquid cooling pipes to keep the phone cool when gaming by reducing the CPU’s core temperature by up to 12-degree, compared to 8-degree in the predecessor.
Xiaomi Black Shark Helo Gaming Phone
The Black Shark Helo packs in a 6.01-inch FHD+ AMOLED display with HDR support even in games with independent image processing chip, powered by Snapdragon 845 SoC, coupled with up to 10GB RAM, paired with 128GB/256GB storage, runs on Android Oreo and all these are backed by 4000mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0 support.
Coming to cameras, it has a 12-megapixel rear camera with f/1.75 aperture and a secondary 20-megapixel rear camera with f/1.75 aperture. At the front, it has a 20-megapixel front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture. There is a glowing RGB logo on the back with AI game lighting that changes depending on the game.
The fingerprint sensor is at the back. It has ‘X-style’ unique antenna design with Wi-Fi antenna on the side. Cameras and battery remain same as the predecessor. It has a dedicated two-stage SHARK key that provides immersive gaming experience.
In addition to the standard detachable left gamepad like the predecessor, this has a right gamepad with a touchpad that can be controlled at the same time. Not just that, the company teased dual hand joystick case with dual fans for additional cooling and a naked-eye 3D protective case at the event.
Xiaomi Black Shark Helo Specifications
- 6.01-inch (2160 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18:9 display with 100% NTSC color gamut, 430 nits brightness
- 2.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 845 64-bit 10nm Mobile Platform
- Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB, 8GB / 10GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 128GB (UFS 2.1) / 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- 12MP rear camera with f/1.75 aperture, 1.25µm pixel size, dual-tone LED flash, secondary 20MP rear camera with 1.0µm pixel size, f/1.75 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with 1.0µm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture
- Android 8.1 Oreo with Joy UI
- 4000mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dual Smart PA, Hi-Fi Audio, Dual Front Speakers
- Two-stag SHARK key for high-performance gaming mode
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 160×75.25x 8.7mm; Weight: 190g
The Xiaomi Black Shark Helo is priced at 3199 yuan (~US$ 416 / Rs. 33,920) for the 6GB RAM + 128GB storage version, While 8GB RAM + 128GB storage version costs 3499 yuan (~US$ 504 / Rs. 37,100).
The top-end 10GB RAM with 256GB storage version with both right and left gamepads costs 4199 yuan (~US$ 605 / Rs. 44,520). It will be available for order from today and will go on sale in China from October 30th.