Qualcomm Snapdragon 670’s successor – Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 got announced in Qualcomm’s 4G5G Summit 2018 at HongKong. It comes with enhanced performance, optimized gaming support for triple cameras on the rear, hardware-based facial recognition, and more launched.
ALSO READ: Huawei Kirin 980 Vs Qualcomm Snapdragon 845: What’s The Difference?
Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 Mobile Platform
The Snapdragon 670 promises 20% overall performance improvement, optimized across 2 performance (based on new Cortex A76) cores and 6 effciency cores (based on Cortex A55). It has Qualcomm AI Engine, Qualcomm Spectra 250 ISP, Qualcomm Kryo 460 CPUs and Qualcomm Adreno 612 GPU.
Thanks to the new architecture, Qualcomm has enhanced a number of features;
- Gaming: A number of specific games and game engines have been optimized including Unity, Unreal, Messiah, and NeoX. Qualcomm Technologies also supports popular tools and APIs, including Vulkan, OpenGL 3.2, OpenCL, and Snapdragon profiler.
- Camera: Qualcomm adds Spectra 250 series ISP for enhanced camera performance. It Supports a triple camera configuration in the front or back, supporting features such as telephoto, wide angle, and super-wide image capture, as well as enhanced portrait mode and 3D face unlock. It is capable of recording extended slo-mo video clips in HD at 480fps.
- Artificial Intelligence: Multi-core AI Engine engineered to deliver up to 50% overall improvements in AI applications. The multi-core AI Engine is designed to improve mobile devices’ ability to acquire information and become the ultimate personal assistant by capturing photos and videos, learning and adapting to a user’s voice, and optimizing battery life. The AI use cases supported on Snapdragon 675 include a camera (scene and object detection, image style transfer, portrait relighting), security (face unlock, payment security), voice and translation.
ALSO READ: Snapdragon 845 Vs Snapdragon 710 Vs Snapdragon 660: What’s The Difference?
Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 Mobile Platform Overview
- Octa-Core – Dual 2GHz Kryo 460 (performance) (CA76) + Hexa 1.7GHz Kryo 460 (efficiency) (CA55) CPUs
- 11nm LPP process technology
- Up to 8GB memory, 2×16 bit LPDDR4x 1866MHz
- Qualcomm Adreno 612 GPU
- Qualcomm Spectra 250 ISP – Up to 25 MP single camera, 16MP dual camera, Up to 48 MP snapshot, 14-bit 2x Image Sensor Processor (ISP), Up to 4K video capture @ 30 FPS, Up to 1080p video capture @120 FPS
- Supports up to FHD+ (2520×1080 pixel) displays, Up to 4K external display support
- Cat 12/13 speeds of up to 600 Mbps down/150 Mbps up via 3x20MHz downlink, 2X20MHz uplink
- Qualcomm Hexagon 685 DSP, Qualcomm All-Ways Aware technology
- Up to 4K Ultra HD playback @ 30 FPS, Up to 4K UltraHD capture @ 30 FPS, Up to 1080p video capture @ 120 FPS, H.264 (AVC), H.265 (HEVC), VP9, VP8
- Dual-band 802.11ac with MU-MIMO 2×2, GPS, Glonass, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS, and SBAS and Bluetooth 5
- Dual SIM Dual VoLTE (DSDV), Qualcomm All Mode with support for all
major cellular modes plus LAA. Support for: VoLTE with SRVCC to 3G and 2G, HD and Ultra HD Voice (EVS), CSFB to 3G and 2G, Voice over Wi-Fi (VoWiFi) with LTE call continuity
- Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ technology
The Snapdragon 675 Mobile Platform is available for OEMs today and is expected to arrive in consumer devices in Q1 2019.
For the latest tech news, follow TechDipper on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.