After a bunch of leaks and rumours, Razer has finally unveiled successor of its last year’s Razer Phone – Razer Phone 2. The phone features a high-speced internals with 120Hz UltraMotion display, Razer Chroma RGB logo, wireless charging support and IP67 ratings for Water Resistance up to 1 meter.
ALSO READ: Does Google Pixel 3 And Pixel 3 XL Justify The Price? [Explained]
Razer Phone 2: The Second-Gen Gaming Phone?
The Razer Phone 2 packs in a 5.72-inch Quad HD 120 Hz UltraMotion display, powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC with Vapor Chamber Cooling allowing the heat to spread throughout the phone via vapor chamber which in turns help in faster heat dissipation.
The powerful chipset is coupled with 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, paired with 64GB expandable storage, runs on Android Oreo and all these are backed by a 4000mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ and Wireless Charging support. Coming to the camera, it has dual 12MP rear cameras, one with a telephoto lens and at the front, it has 8-megapixel front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
ALSO READ: Are Gaming Smartphones Really Worth It? [Explained]
Furthermore, it has a stereo front-facing speakers (trading off with big bezels) and Dolby Atmos. Similar to the first phone, the fingerprint sensor is side-mounted, in addition to that, it doesn’t have a 3.5mm audio jack, but comes with 24-bit DAC Audio Adapter.
Razer Phone 2 Specifications
- 5.72-inch (2560×1440 pixels) Quad HD IGZO LCD UltraMotion display with 645 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 2.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 845 64-bit 10nm Mobile Platform
- Adreno 630 GPU, Vapor Chamber Cooling
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 64GB (UFS) storage + expandable via microSD (up to 2TB)
- 12MP camera with f/1.75 wide-angle lens, OIS, Dual PDAF and 12MP secondary camera with f/2.6 aperture telephoto lens, Sony IMX Sensors, dual-tone LED flash
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Android 8.1 Oreo, upgradable to Android 9.0 Pie
- 4000mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+, Wireless Charging
- Side-mounted Fingerprint sensor
- Water-resistant (IP67)
- Stereo front-facing speakers with Dual amplifiers, Dolby Atmos, 24-bit DAC Audio Adapter
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5, GPS/ GLONASS, USB-C, NFC
- Dimensions: 158.5 x 78.99 x 8.5 mm
The Razer Phone 2 comes in Mirror and Satin versions and is priced at $799 (~Rs. 59,450), and will be available for order from today in the US, Canada, UK and Europe for the Mirror version and the Satin version will be available later.
For the latest tech news, follow TechDipper on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.