Xiaomi along with Mi 8 Lite announced – Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro with a pressure sensitive in-display fingerprint sensor, which is more power-efficient and is 29% faster compared to the in-display fingerprint sensor on the Mi 8.
Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro: In-Display Fingerprint Debut!
The Mi 8 Pro packs in a 6.21-inch AMOLED display, powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC, coupled with 6GB / 8GB RAM, paired with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, runs on Android Oreo and all these are backed by a 3000mAh battery with Quick Charge 4+.
Furthermore, it comes with a 12-megapixel rear camera with 26mm wide-angle lens, a secondary 12MP rear camera. At the front, it has 20-megapixel front-facing camera with real-time AI portraits. It comes with a glass back as well as Transparent Titanium version, similar to the Mi 8 Explorer Edition.
Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro Specifications
- 6.21-inch (2248 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18:7:9 AMOLED display with 600 nits brightness, 60000:1 contrast ratio, DCI-P3 color gamut
- 2.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 845 64-bit 10nm Mobile Platform
- Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- 12MP rear camera with 26mm wide-angle lens, 1/2.6″ Sony IMX363 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, 1.4µm pixel size, dual-tone LED flash, 4-axis OIS, Optical zoom, 4K video recording, secondary 12MP rear camera with Samsung S5K3M3 sensor, f/2.4 aperture, 1.0µm pixel size, 2X zoom
- 20MP front-facing camera with real-time AI portraits
- Android 8.1 Oreo with MIUI
- 3000mAh battery with Quick Charge 4+
- IR Face unlock, Pressure sensitive fingerprint sensor
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5, Dual-frequency (L1+L5) GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 154.9×74.8×7.6mm; Weight: 177g
The Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro comes in Sunset Gold, Black and Transparent Titanium version, and is priced at 3199 Yuan (~ US$ 466 / Rs. 33,945) for the 6GB RAM and 3599 Yuan (~ US$ 525 / Rs. 38,192) for the 8GB RAM version. It is available for order today and goes on sale in China from September 21st.
For the fast reports, deep insights & opinion on consumer technology, and more, subscribe to TechDipper on Telegram. You can also follow TechDipper on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.