Meizu announced its latest mid-range smartphone – Meizu 16X in China. The main highlight of the smartphone is (of course) the in-display fingerprint sensor and mCharge flash charging support.
ALSO READ: Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro With Pressure-Sensitive In-Display Fingerprint Sensor Announced
Meizu 16X: Mid-Range In-Display Fingerprint!
The Meizu 16X packs in a 6-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display, powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 SoC, coupled with 6GB of RAM, paired with 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, runs on Android Oreo and is backed by a 3100mAh battery with mCharge fast charging.
Furthermore, it comes with a 12-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX380 sensor, 1.55μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture along with a 20-megapixel secondary telephoto lens with Sony IMX350 sensor for portrait shots and 3x lossless zoom. At the front, it has a 20-megapixel front-facing camera with AI beauty recognition and Face-Unlock.
ALSO READ: Qualcomm’s Third-Gen Ultrasonic Fingerprint Reader To Come Equipped In Samsung Galaxy S10!
Meizu 16X Specifications
- 6-inch ( 1080 × 2160 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED display with 100000 : 1 contrast ratio, 430cd/m2 (typical) brightness, 402 PPI
- Octa Core Snapdragon 710 10nm Mobile Platform (Dual 2.2GHz Kryo 360 + Hexa 1.7GHz Kryo 360 CPUs)
- Adreno 616 GPU
- 6GB RAM
- 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- 12MP rear camera with wide-angle lens, 1/2.3″ Sony IMX380 sensor, 1.55μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, Four-axis OIS, PDAF, Laser auto-focus, secondary 20MP telephoto lens, Sony IMX350 sensor, f/2.6 aperture, 6-LED ring LED flash
- 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, AI face unlock
- Android 8.1 Oreo with Flyme OS
- 3100mAh battery with mCharge fast charging
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Face unlock
- 3.5mm audio jack, dual speakers
- Dual SIM
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 151×73.5×7.5mm ; Weight: 154g
The Meizu 16X comes in Black, White and Gold colors, and is priced at 2098 Yuan (~ US$ 206 / Rs. 22,285) for the 64GB storage version and the 128GB storage version costs 2398 Yuan (~ US$ 349 / Rs. 25,470). It is available for order today and goes on sale from September 26 in China.
For the latest tech news, follow TechDipper on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.