Sony announced its latest flagship smartphone Xperia XZ3 at IFA 2018. The main highlight of the smartphone is its new camera features, Dynamic Vibration System, and it’s AI features which enhance with the user experience.
Sony Xperia XZ3: Another One!
The Xperia XZ3 packs in 6-inch QHD+ P-OLED 18:9 aspect ratio display, powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC, coupled with 4GB RAM, paired with 64GB expandable storage, runs on Android Pie and all these are backed by a 3300 mAh battery with support for fast charging and also has Qi wireless charging.
Coming to the camera, the XZ3 sports a new Dual Motion Eye camera with 19-megapixel 1/ 2.3″ Exmor RS memory stacked sensor, 960 fps super slow motion videos (FHD/HD), Triple image sensing technology and 5-axis image stabilization for shake-free videos. At the front, it has 13-megapixel selfie camera.
Apart from that, Sony has focused on the audio experience with Dynamic Vibration System that analyses audio data and lets you feel the action with your hand. There is also an introduction a new Side sense feature uses AI to provide easy and convenient access to your favorite apps.
So, all you need to do is double-tap anywhere on either side of your XZ3, and AI cleverly predicts and displays the apps you want to use next placing them within easy reach, without having to scroll up or down for them.
Sony Xperia XZ3 Specifications
- 6-inch (1440 x 2880 pixels) OLED HDR Display with 18:9 aspect ratio, TRILUMINOS Display for mobile, X-Reality for mobile, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform
- Adreno 630 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB storage + expandable via microSD (up to 400GB)
- 19MP rear camera with Exmos RS sensor, 1/2.3″ sensor, f/2.0 aperture G Lens, 1.22μm pixel size, Predictive capture, 5-axis stabilization, 4K video recording, 960fps slow-motion video
- 13MP front-facing camera with 1/ 3,06” Exmor RS sensor, 22mm wide-angle, f/2.0 aperture
- Android 9.0 Pie
- 3300mAh Battery with Qnovo Adaptive Charging technology, Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0, Qi Wireless charging
- Fingerprint sensor, Water Resistant (IP65/IP68)
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speaker with S-Force Front Surround, DSEE HX, LDAC
- Single / Dual SIM
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC, USB 3.1-C
- Dimensions: 158 x 73 x 9.9 mm; Weight: 193g
The Sony Xperia XZ3 comes in Black, Silver White, Forest Green and Bordeaux Red colors, and is priced at £699 (~ US$900 / Rs. 63,742). It will be available globally in select markets from September.
For the fast reports, deep insights & opinion on consumer technology, and more, subscribe to TechDipper on Telegram. You can also follow TechDipper on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.