After a saga of leaks and rumors, BlackBerry has finally unveiled its latest smartphone – BlackBerry KEY2 LE. Despite looking almost identical, the KEY2 LED has a plastic frame but has soft-touch textured back panel introduced in the KEY2.
BlackBerry KEY2 LE: A Toned-Down Version!
The BlackBerry KEY2 LE packs a 4.5-inch (1080 x 1620 pixels) with 3:2 aspect ratio display, powered by Snapdragon 660 SoC, coupled with 4GB RAM, paired with 32GB/64GB expandable storage, runs on Android Oreo and all these are backed by a 3,000 mAh battery.
Coming to the camera, The KEY2 LE sports a 13-megapixel main sensor with f/2.2 aperture and 5-megapixel secondary lens with a f/2.4 aperture for depth sensing. At the front, it has 8-megapixel selfie camera. The fingerprint sensor remains pretty much in the same place i.e under the spacebar.
Apart from that, it features additional features like app lock, dual apps support, and programmable convenience key. Having said that, the KEY2 LE is the lightest and thinnest device from the KEY-series up to date.
BlackBerry KEY2 LE Specifications
- 4.5-inch (1080 x 1620 pixels) with 3:2 aspect ratio display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 SoC
- 4GB RAM
- 32GB/64GB storage + expandable via microSD (up to 2TB)
- 13MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture, a 5MP secondary rear camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Android 8.1 Oreo
- 3000mAh battery
- 4-row Physical QWERTY backlit keyboard with capacitive touch
- Hybrid dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Fingerprint sensor in the space bar
- 3.5mm audio jack, HD audio, FM Radio, Dual microphones
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS / GLONASS, NFC, USB 3.0 Type-C
The BlackBerry KEY2 LE comes in Slate, Champagne, and Atomic colors. It is priced at US$399 (~Rs 28,323) for the 32GB storage, while the 64GB storage variant is priced at US$449 (~Rs 31,872). There is no word on availability as of now, but will hit the global market soon.