Samsung has announced its first Android Go phone; Galaxy J2 Core. This smartphone is not running on stock Android, but on a stripped-down version of the stock Android OS with lighter versions of Google apps and optimizations for lower-end devices, but there’s still a layer of Samsung UI on top.
ALSO READ: Samsung Exynos Modem 5100 5G Modem With Up To 6Gbps Download Speed Announced
Samsung Galaxy J2 Core: Android Go!
The Galaxy J2 Core packs in a 5-inches qHD TFT display, powered by Samsung’s own Exynos 7570 SoC, coupled with 1GB RAM, paired with 8GB expandable storage, runs on Android Oreo (Go Edition) and all these are backed by a 2600mAh battery.
Coming to the camera, it comes 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and 5-megapixel front-facing camera. As this is a budget end phone, it doesn’t come with Fingerprint sensor or Face Unlock.
ALSO READ: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Be Buying The Samsung Galaxy Note 9!
Samsung Galaxy J2 Core Specifications
- 5-inch (540 x 960 pixels) qHD TFT display
- 1.4GHz Quad-Core Exynos 7570 14nm processor
- Mali-T720 MP1 GPU
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB storage + expandable via microSD
- 8MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Android 8.1 Oreo (Go edition)
- 2600mAh battery
- Dual SIM
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS
- Dimensions:143.4 x 72.1 x 8.9mm; Weight: 154g
The Samsung Galaxy J2 Core comes in Golden color and will be available in Malaysia and India beginning August 24th, 2018 and will expand to additional markets soon. The pricing of this phone is still unknown, but expect it to be below Rs. 7,000.
For the latest tech news, follow TechDipper on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.