Samsung has announced its latest Android-powered tablet Galaxy Tab S4. This tablet uses the company’s DeX UI, which was first introduced via its desktop accessory for Galaxy smartphones. This tablet will battle with Chromebook tablets.
ALSO READ: Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Everything We Know So Far Before It’s Launch! [Update]
Samsung Galaxy Tab S4: A Laptop Replacement?
The Tab S4 comes with a 10.5-inch Super AMOLED (2560 x 1600 res) display, powered by Snapdragon 835 SoC, paired with 4GB RAM, 64 or 256GB expandable storage, runs on Android Oreo and all these are backed by a 7300mAH battery with fast charging support.
Coming to the camera, it sports a 13-megapixel rear camera with flash and at the front, it has 8-megapixel selfie camera. Few other features of this tablet are the inclusion of S Pen and iris scanning for biometric authentication. Furthermore, it comes with Quad speakers tuned by AKG for superior audio quality. This tablet becomes laptop at a cost of another $150 for the keyboard dock.
ALSO READ: Samsung Galaxy A6 Plus Review: A Mid-Range Crisis!
Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 Specifications
- 10.5-inch WQXGA (2560 x 1600) Super AMOLED display, 287 PPI resolution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform (Quad 2.35 GHz + Quad 1.9 GHz)
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB / 128GB storage + expandable via microSD (up to 400GB)
- 13-megapixel rear camera with Flash
- 8-megapixel selfie camera
- Android 8.1 Oreo
- 7300mAh battery
- S Pen, DeX, Daily Board, Samsung Things, Samsung Flow
- Quad speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Accelerometer, Compass, Gyroscope, RGB, Proximity, Iris Scanner, Hall Sensor
- LTE Cat.16 DLCA, WiFi 4×4 MIMO (1Gbps), GPS + GLONASS, BEIDOU, GALILEO, Bluetooth 4.2, USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 249.3 x 164.3 x 7.1mm; Weight: 482g (WiFi) / 483g (LTE)
ALSO READ: Would Companies Like OnePlus Finally Change The Android Update Scenario?
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 WiFi will be available in the US starting at $649.99 on August 10, 2018, at Amazon, Best Buy, and Samsung.com. While, the LTE version will also be available for purchase starting August 10, 2018, at Verizon, along with other major wireless providers including AT&T, Sprint and US Cellular later in Q3 2018.
For the latest tech news, follow TechDipper on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.