LG has announced its latest flagship smartphone; LG G7 ThinQ smartphone at an event in New York. The G7 ThinQ features polished metal rim, IP68 rated for dust and water resistance and also meets MIL-STD 810G requirements.
LG G7 ThinQ: The Flagship
The G7 ThinQ comes with a 6.1-inch QHD+ 19.5:9 FullVision LCD Super Bright display with brightness up to 1000 nits, 100 percent DCI-P3 color gamut. It is powered by Snapdragon 845 SoC, coupled with 4GB RAM (G7+ ThinQ – 6GB RAM), 64GB (G7+ THinQ – 128GB + expandable) storage and all these are backed by a 3000mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0.
Coming to the camera, it sports 16-megapixel dual rear cameras (one with standard and other with super wide angle). It also has AI CAM that offers 19 shooting modes. Moreover, AI algorithm adjusts the camera settings automatically when shooting in low light. It also has Stickers that uses face recognition to generate fun 2D and 3D overlays.
The G7 ThinQ also features a dedicated Google Assistant button and the Super Far Feild Voice Recognition lets you hear your voice anywhere in the room. It also has DTS:X to deliver virtual 3D sound for all content, up to 7.1 channel audio with earphones and it has Hi-Fi Quad DAC for incredibly rich sound.
LG G7 ThinQ Specifications
- 6.1-inch (3120 x 1440 pixels) 19.5:9 FullVision Super Bright IPS Display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform
- Adreno 630 GPU
- LG G7 ThinQ – 4GB LPDDR4x RAM / LG G7+ ThinQ – 6GB LPDDR4x RAM
- LG G7 ThinQ – 64GB (UFS 3.1) storage / LG G7+ ThinQ – 128GB storage (UFS 3.1) + expandable via microSD (up to 2TB)
- 16MP rear camera with f/1.6 aperture, 71-degree wide-angle lens, a secondary 16MP camera with 107-degree super-wide-angle lens with f/1.9 aperture, LED flash
- 8MP front camera with 80-degree wide-angle lens, f/1.9 aperture
- Android 8.0 Oreo with LG UX
- 3000mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0, Wireless charging
- Fingerprint sensor, Dedicated Google Assistant button
- Water, dust resistant (IP68), MIL-STD 810G certified
- 3.5mm audio jack, 32-bit Advanced Hi-Fi Quad DAC, Boombox Speaker
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, NFC, USB-C
- Dimensions: 153.2 x 71.9 x 7.9mm; Weight: 162g
The LG G7 ThinQ comes in New Platinum Gray, New Aurora Black, New Moroccan Blue and Raspberry Rose colors and will roll out in the coming days in South Korea followed by major market in North America, Europe, Latin America and Asia. No details of pricing yet.
For the fast reports, deep insights & opinion on consumer technology, and more, subscribe to TechDipper on Telegram. You can also follow TechDipper on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.