Xiaomi has launched its latest flagship smartphone; Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S with a near bezel-less screen in China. The main highlight of the smartphone is the inclusion of ARCore support, AI voice assistant and AI integrated dual rear cameras.
Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S
The Mi MIX 2S comes with a full ceramic body and an outer frame that is carved out of 7-series aluminum alloy. It features a 5.99-inch 18:9 FHD+ display, powered by Snapdragon 845 SoC, coupled with 6GB / 8GB RAM, 64GB / 128GB / 256GB non-expandable storage, runs on Android Oreo and all these are backed by a 3400mAh battery.
Coming to the camera, the MIX 2S comes with a 12-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX363 sensor, 1.4µm pixel size, OIS, Dual Pixel autofocus and a secondary 12-megapixel rear camera for AI portraits and has AI scene recognition that can detect 25 categories and 206 kinds of scenes. On the front, it has 5-megapixel (bottom corner) which support for AI portrait selfies and the phone also has face unlock.
Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S Specifications
- 5.99-inch (2160 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18:9 display with 403 pixels
- 2.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 845 64-bit 10nm SoC
- Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 64GB / 128GB / 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- 12MP rear camera with 26mm wide-angle lens, 1/2.6″ Sony IMX363 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, 1.4µm pixel size, dual-tone LED flash, 4-axis OIS, Optical zoom, 4K video recording, a secondary 12MP rear camera with 46mm telephoto lens, 1/3.4″ sensor size
- 5MP front-facing camera with AI portraits
- Android 8.1 Oreo with MIUI 9
- 3400mAh with fast charging, wireless charging
- Dual SIM (nano), Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5, GPS / GLONASS / Beidou, NFC, USB-C
The top-end 8GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs 3999 yuan (USD 639 / INR 41,420 approx) which also comes bundled with wireless charger worth 99 yuan (USD 16 / INR 1,025 approx) that can be purchased separately. It will be available order starting today and ships from April 3rd.