Samsung has announced its latest flagship smartphones Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ at the MWC 2018 in Barcelona. The main highlight of the smartphones is its variable aperture cameras, which works great (at least in its demo).
ALSO READ: Checkout Our MWC 2018 Coverage!
The S9 has a 12-megapixel rear camera with a variable aperture (f/1.5 – f/2.4), while the S9 Plus has a secondary 12MP Telephoto lens for live focus, bokeh. Both the smartphones can take 960fps Super Slow-mo videos with automatic Motion Detection.
Samsung Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus
Both the phones sports a bezel-less Infinity display; S9 comes with a 5.8-inch Quad HD+ screen, while the S9+ comes with a 6.2-inch Quad HD+ screen, both with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection on the front and the back, much like the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus.
Samsung has also brought in AR Emoji (yes, Animoji’s rip off). This uses machine learning to analyze and map more than 100 facial features to create a 3D model that reflects and imitates expressions. It can be exported to video or sticker format and can be shared.
ALSO READ: LG V30S ThinQ With SD 835 SoC, 6GB RAM, AI Features Announced!
Galaxy S9, S9 Plus Specifications;
- S9 – 5.8-inch Quad HD+ (2960 × 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity display with 570ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- S9+ – 6.2-inch Quad HD+ (2960 × 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity display with 529ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9 Series 9810 processor
- Adreno 630 GPU / Mali G72MP18 GPU
- S9 – 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB/128GB/256GB storage (UFS 2.1) + expandable via microSD
- S9+ – 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB/128GB/256GB storage (UFS 2.1)+ expandable via microSD (up to 400GB)
- S9 – 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.4-f/1.5 variable aperture, 480fps super slo-mo
- S9+ – 12MP primary rear camera with f/2.4-f/1.5 variable aperture, LED Flash, 960fps super slo-mo, 12MP secondary rear camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP autofocus front-facing camera with wide-angle lens, f/1.7 aperture
- Android 8.0 Oreo
- S9 – 3000mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
- S9+ – 3500mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
- Dual SIM (hybrid, nano)
- Water and dust resistant (IP68), Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Sensors – Accelerometer, Barometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor, Iris Sensor, Pressure Sensor
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5 (LE up to 2Mbps), GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
ALSO READ: Intel Partners With Microsoft, Dell, HP, and Lenovo To Launch 5G PCs!
The Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus come in Midnight Black, Titanium Gray, Coral Blue and Lilac Purple (a new addition) colors and are priced at USD 719.99 (roughly INR 46,536) and USD 839 (roughly INR 54,250) respectively. It will be available starting on March 16, 2018. Furthermore, the pre-bookings for the phone has already started in India.
How To Pre-Book;
- Head over to Samsung Online Shop and select Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9+.
- Click Pre-book Now button and enter your details and color of the device you want.
- Pay Rs. 2,000/- as advance payment & receive pre-book coupon.
- You will receive email & SMS with prices on launch day.
- Apply your pre-book coupon at checkout to adjust Rs. 2,000/- from your final payable amount.
ALSO READ: World’s Toughest Phone, Land Rover Explore Launched!
Samsung is yet to announce the final price of both the smartphones in India. The launch event is expected to sometime in the first or second week of March. Stay tuned for further details.
For the latest tech news, follow TechDipper on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.