LG has announced its first ThinQ mobile device; LG V30S ThinQ with integrated AO features, ahead of Mobile World Congress (MWC). The main highlight of the device is its AI features and with a slight bump in the specifications (when compared to LG V30).
LG V30S ThinQ Announced
Much like LG V30, it comes with 6-inch QHD+ OLED 18:9 display, powered by Snapdragon 835 SoC. But unlike LG V30, it is coupled with 6GB RAM and comes in 128GB (V30S ThinQ) and 256GB (V30S+ ThinQ) variants.
Coming to the camera, it comes with the dual rear camera- one with 16-megapixel with f/1.6 aperture, dual-tone LED flash, OIS, EIS, PDAF and a 13-megapixel with f/1.9 aperture, 120-degree wide-angle lens.
LG V30S ThinQ AI Features
- Vision AI
- AI CAM – It analyzes subjects in the frame and recommends the optimal shooting mode among eight categories: portrait, food, pet, landscape, city, flower, sunrise, and sunset.
- QLens – It scans QR codes to offer information as to where to buy the product online at the lowest price as well as recommendations for similar items. Well, it supports Food, fashion, and celebrities or detailed information about landmarks such as buildings and statues.
- Bright Mode – This uses algorithms to brighten images by a factor of two for better-looking photos without the noise.
2. Voice AI
- Allows users to run apps and change settings through voice commands alone. Works alongside Google Assistant offering a direct selection of specific functions, eliminating the need to search through menu options.
LG V30S ThinQ specifications
- 6-inch (2880 x 1440 pixels) QHD+ OLED display with an 18:9 aspect ratio, 538 PPI, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform
- Adreno 540 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 128GB storage (V30S ThinQ) / 256GB storage (V30S+ ThinQ) + expandable via microSD (up to 2TB)
- 16MP rear camera with f/1.6-aperture, 71-degree wide-angle lens, dual-tone LED flash, Laser autofocus, OIS, EIS, PDAF, 13MP secondary camera with f/1.9 aperture, 120-degree wide-angle lens
- 5MP front camera with 90-degree wide-angle lens, f/2.2 aperture
- Android 8.0 Oreo with LG UX 6.0+
- 3,300mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 and Wireless charging support
- Voice Recognition, Face Recognition, 32-bit Advanced Hi-Fi Quad DAC
- Fingerprint sensor, Water, dust resistant (IP68), MIL-STD 810G certified
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5.0 LE, GPS, NFC, USB -C 2.0 (3.1 compatible)
- Dimensions: 151.7 x 75.4 x 7.3mm; Weight: 158g
The LG V30S ThinQ comes in new Moroccan Blue color with a green tint and new Platinum Gray colors, both the colors with a lenticular finish on the back showing off different hues. t will launch in Korea in March and will be available in the US and Europe after that. No word on the pricing yet.
For the fast reports, deep insights & opinion on consumer technology, and more, subscribe to TechDipper on Telegram. You can also follow TechDipper on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.