Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus are all set to launch at the Mobile World Congress 2018 in Barcelona next month. But thanks to the popular leakster Evleaks, we can finally have a look at Samsung’s next flagship smartphones.
Samsung Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus
The leak of the next Galaxy smartphones has exaggerated the hype. Well, we have already seen the (leaked) retail box revealed the key camera specification, which includes a super-speed Dual-pixel 12-megapixel camera with OIS, an f 1.5/2.4 variable aperture for the S9 and a dual 12-megapixel rear camera with fixed aperture.
The flagships will be powered by Qualcomm’s latest chipset Snapdragon 845 in the US and China, while in the rest of the world – it will be powered by Samsung in-house Exynos 9810 chipset. Coming to memory configuration: 4GB RAM + 64GB storage for S9 and 6GB RAM + 128GB storage for S9 Plus.
- S9 – 5.8-inch Quad HD+ (2960 × 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity display with 570ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- S9 Plus – 6.2-inch Quad HD+ (2960 × 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity display with 529ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 with Adreno 630 GPU / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9 Series 9810 processor with Mali G72MP18 GPU
- S9 – 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB storage (UFS 2.1) + expandable via microSD
- S9+ – 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB storage (UFS 2.1) + expandable via microSD
- S9 – 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with f/2.4-f/1.5 variable aperture, 480fps super slo-mo, LED Flash,
- S9+ – 12MP + 12MP dual rear cameras with 480fps super slo-mo, LED Flash
- 8MP autofocus front-facing camera with wide-angle lens
- Android 8.0 Oreo with TouchWiz UI
- S9 – 3000mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless charging
- S9+ – 3500mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless charging
- Single / Dual SIM (nano, Hybrid)
- Water and dust resistant (IP68), Stereo speakers, Ultra High-Quality Audio Playback – PCM: Up to 32 bits; DSD: DSD64/128
- Sensors – Accelerometer, Barometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor, Iris Sensor, Pressure Sensor
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5 (LE up to 2Mbps), GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
The Samsung Galaxy Unpacked 2018 is set to take place at 6 PM CET (10:30 PM IST) in Barcelona on February 25, 2018. The phones are expected to go on sale from March 16 as mentioned on the press shots. Stay tuned.