Xiaomi has promised to release Android Oreo update to its first Android One device: Xiaomi Mi A1 (within) at the end of this year. It seems they are working on it, Xiaomi is currently looking for beta testers to test out its Android Oreo ROM for Mi A1.
ALSO READ: Xiaomi Mi 7 To Come With Qualcomm Snapdragon 845; Confirmed!
Xiaomi Mi A1 Android Oreo Update
The Xiaomi Mi A1 features a stock version of Android Nougat as it is part of the Android One program from Google. The Oreo update is supposed to be released later this month. Well, if you can taste it earlier, you can become a beta tester. So, how to get in?
ALSO READ: Xiaomi Redmi 5A Is Desh Ka Smartphone, Launched For Rs 4999!
How To Beta Test Android Oreo In Xiaomi Mi A1?
- Firstly, note down your IMEI number (both IMEI1 and IMEI2) [Dial *#06# to get the IMEI number]
- Download MIUI Forum (if you have it, great!)
- Log in to your Mi account.
- On the homepage, select Recruitment.
- Fill out the information as stated and click submit. That’s it!
- If your request approved, the team will send you a forum PM.
NOTE: You must provide IMEI number because developers will send OTA through IMEI number. Not to worry, your IMEI number will not be revealed.
Not to forget, “With great power, comes great responsibility”. Well, the responsibility for the Xiaomi Mi A1 Android Oreo beta testers are;
- Discuss the issues and bugs in the QQ ‘Mi A1 Android O group’.
- Answer to users’ query in the bugs subform.
- Report the issues and bugs on time.
If selected, your device will receive the Android Oreo beta software via OTA. The deadline for submitting the application is on December 11th and only a limited number of users will be selected. So, hurry up!
For more, jump to Xiaomi MIUI Forum!
For the latest tech news, follow TechDipper on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.