Google today at the Google For India 2017 announced Android Oreo (Go Edition) for the entry-level Android devices. The Go Edition will include optimized apps for the efficient yet balance use of hardware and software.
Google For India: Google Go
Google Go is a search app, which is really simple to use and fast on even the entry-level phones and bad spotty connections, sharing and finding content easier and more reliable. We have already reported Google testing Search Lite earlier this year. It is available as a preview in India and Indonesia.
- New user interface helps user better user experience.
- It is less than 5MB to download, this optimized app helps to save up to 40% data.
- It can easily switch between Hindi and English.
Google Files Go
Google has introduced a storage manager that helps you free up space on your phone. So, you no more need third-party apps to manage your storage. Google has been testing this app for a month now.
- Free up space: Get personalized suggestion about which files or unused apps to delete.
- Backup files to the cloud: If you want to keep a file protected, you can back it up to Google Drive or any other cloud storage app.
- Share files offline: Transfer directly from your phone to a nearby friends phone without using any data at up to 125Mbps (encrypted).
Google Assistant for JioPhone
— Google India (@GoogleIndia) December 5, 2017
It is something new, Google Assistant built for JioPhone and especially for India in both English and Hindi. This variant of Assistant offers voice-based user interface, along with a rich set of data services, making phone calls, text, play music and videos.
Google Play Store will have a new section for Go Edition device, which will recommend popular Lite apps that can run on entry-level devices such as Facebook Lite, Skype Lite, Twitter Lite and so on.