After reports, Google has officially launched mobile payments app; Google Tez in India. It uses UPI (Unified Payments Interface) and works with all major banks. Google has tied with Axis, HDFC, ICICI and State Bank of India as partners.
Google Tez Mobile Payments App
Now, you can pay directly from your bank account, no need to open a separate account recharge wallets. It does come with Scratch Cards offer, Lucky Sundays Lucky Draw Offer and referral rewards for the users. You can also scan QR code to send money.
In addition to that, it also has a new Cash Mode, which uses audio paring to help you connect with nearby users, apparently letting you instantly send or receive payments to anyone nearby without sharing personal details like phone number or bank account.
Features of Google Tez
- Link your account to Tez over UPI and instantly transfer money from bank to bank.
- Tez Shield works 24/7 to help detect fraud, prevent hacking, and verify your identity.
- Tez’s Cash Mode lets you instantly send or receive payments to anyone nearby without sharing personal details like your phone number or bank account.
- Get Tez Scratch Cards in the app and be eligible to win up to Rs. 1,000 with each eligible transaction. Plus, your weekly transactions enroll you in Tez’s Lucky Sundays contest where you could win Rs. 1 lakh every week. If you win, your rewards go straight into your bank account.
- Pay through debit and credit cards on Tez, Pay and set reminders for recurring bills such as DTH are coming soon
- Tez works with all major Indian banks and with a vast majority of smartphones. Offers language support for English, Hindi, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Tamil, and Telugu.
There is also Tez for Business that lets you accept payments up to Rs 50,000 per month for your business with UPI without any fees. Google has also partnered with Lava, Micromax, Nokia and Panasonic for distribution. It’s worth noting that, if you have a rooted phone, Tez won’t let you register your account.