Samsung just announced its latest flagship smartphone; Galaxy Note8 in India. Much like the older Galaxies, it has Iris scanner, fingerprint sensor as well as heart rate monitor. It is water resistant (obviously) up to 1.5 meters of water for 30 minutes with IP68 ratings.
Samsung Galaxy Note8
The Note8 comes with a 6.3-inch Quad HD+ Infinity Display with end-to-end bezel-less screen (pretty similar to Galaxy S8 series), powered by Exynos 9 Series 8895 processor, paired with 6GB RAM, runs on Android Nougat and is backed by a 3300mAh battery.
Note8 features a 12-megapixel primary camera with f/1.7 aperture and wide-angle lens and a 12-megapixel secondary camera with f/2.4 aperture and telephoto lens offering 2x optical zoom and notably both the cameras have OIS (Optical Image Stabilization) in it. It also has Bixby assistant, which was first introduced with the S8 series and also has a dedicated Bixby hardware button.
Samsung Galaxy Note8 – S Pen Stylus
There is no Note without S Pen. The Note8 comes with an improved S Pen stylus with finer tip, improved pressure sensitivity. The S Pen now allows you to share animated texts or drawing across all platform that supports animated GIFs.
There are several other features; which includes S Pen Translate feature lets you hover over text to quickly translate entire sentences in up to 71 languages and can also convert units and foreign currencies with a single tap.
Samsung Galaxy Note8 Specifications
- 6.3-inch Quad HD+ (2960 × 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity Display With 522ppi, 18.5:9 Aspect Ratio
- Exynos 9 Series 8895 Processor
- Mali-G71 MP20 GPU
- 6GB RAM
- 64GB Storage + Expandable Via MicroSD (up to 256GB)
- 12MP Dual Pixel Rear Camera With LED Flash, f/1.7 Aperture, Wide-Angle Lens, OIS, Secondary 12MP Camera With Telephoto Lens, f/2.4 Aperture, OIS, 2x Optical Zoom, Up To 10x Digital Zoom
- 8MP Auto Focus Front-Facing Camera With f/1.7 Aperture, Wide-Angle Lens
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- 3300mAh Battery With Fast Charging (Both On Wired And Wireless)
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Barometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor, Iris Sensor, Pressure Sensor
- Dual SIM (Hybrid), IP68 (Water And Dust Resistant)
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, VHT80 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth v 5.0, GPS + GLONASS, USB-C 3.1, NFC
- Dimensions:162.5 x 74.8 x 8.6mm; Weight: 195g
The Samsung Galaxy Note8 comes in Midnight Black and Maple Gold and is priced at Rs 67,900. and will be available for pre-order starting today and goes on sale from September 21st from Amazon.in, Samsung Shop online as well as Samsung Stores offline.
- Free One Year Screen Replacement and Free Wireless Charger (Introductory offer)
- Rs 4000 cash back for HDFC credit users
- Up to 448GB additional data for Jio customers
Featured Image Credits: CNET
For the fast reports, deep insights & opinion on consumer technology, and more, subscribe to TechDipper on Telegram. You can also follow TechDipper on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.