Samsung just announced Galaxy Note8 at its New York event. Much like the older Galaxies, it has Iris scanner, fingerprint sensor as well as heart rate monitor. It is water resistant (obviously) up to 1.5 meters of water for 30 minutes with IP68 ratings.
ALSO READ: Nokia 8 With Snapdragon 835 SoC, 13MP Dual Cameras Announced!
Samsung Galaxy Note8
The Note8 comes with a 6.3-inch Quad HD+ Infinity Display with end-to-end bezel-less screen (pretty similar to Galaxy S8 series), powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 / Exynos 9 Series 8895 processor, paired with 6GB RAM, runs on Android Nougat and is backed by a 3300mAh battery.
Note8 features a 12-megapixel primary camera with f/1.7 aperture and wide-angle lens and a 12-megapixel secondary camera with f/2.4 aperture and telephoto lens offering 2x optical zoom and notably both the cameras have OIS (Optical Image Stabilization) in it.
ALSO READ: HTC U11 Vs Samsung Galaxy S8 Vs LG G6; Specs & Pricing Comparison!
Samsung Galaxy Note8 – S Pen Stylus
There is no Note without S Pen. The Note8 comes with an improved S Pen stylus with finer tip, improved pressure sensitivity. The S Pen now allows you to share animated texts or drawing across all platform that supports animated GIFs.
There are several other features; which includes S Pen Translate feature lets you hover over text to quickly translate entire sentences in up to 71 languages and can also convert units and foreign currencies with a single tap.
ALSO READ: Samsung Galaxy S8 Active Officially Unveiled, Goes Up For Pre-Orders!
Samsung Galaxy Note8 Specifications
- 6.3-inch Quad HD+ (2960 × 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity Display With 522ppi, 18.5:9 Aspect Ratio
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 / Exynos 9 Series 8895 Processor
- Adreno 540 GPU / Mali-G71 MP20 GPU
- 6GB RAM
- 64GB / 128GB / 256GB Storage + Expandable Via MicroSD (up to 256GB)
- 12MP Dual Pixel Rear Camera With LED Flash, f/1.7 Aperture, Wide-Angle Lens, OIS, Secondary 12MP Camera With Telephoto Lens, f/2.4 Aperture, OIS, 2x Optical Zoom, Up To 10x Digital Zoom
- 8MP Auto Focus Front-Facing Camera With f/1.7 Aperture, Wide-Angle Lens
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- 3300mAh Battery With Fast Charging (Both On Wired And Wireless)
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Barometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor, Iris Sensor, Pressure Sensor
- Dual SIM (Hybrid), IP68 (Water And Dust Resistant)
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, VHT80 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth v 5.0, GPS + GLONASS, USB-C 3.1, NFC
- Dimensions:162.5 x 74.8 x 8.6mm; Weight: 195g
ALSO READ: Unlock Your Windows 10 PCs With Samsung Devices; Samsung Flow!
The Samsung Galaxy Note8 comes in Midnight Black, Maple Gold, Orchid Grey and Deep Sea Blue colors. The pre-orders in the US will begin from August 24th and will be available and ship from starting September 15th globally.
For the latest tech news, follow TechDipper on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and subscribe to our YouTube channel.