Google Home, company’s standalone voice-controlled assistant device got more helpful with added enhancements and was the epicenter of the Google I/O 2017 event. In addition to that, the update is reaching a broader market with added five new countries.
New Features In Google Home
- Google Home now blink a light to draw your attention, after which a notification will be delivered. Earlier, it was just a basic feature which is used to notify reminders and flight status changes, but now will make you aware of heavy traffic in your area and so on.
- It now offers, Hands-free calls to mobile phones or landlines in the U.S. or Canada for free.
- Spotify- one of the most popular audio streaming service worldwide is adding its free service in addition to its premium one, as well as Soundcloud and Deezer.
- Google Home gets Visual responses. Now, for instance, if you ask for driving directions, it will be shown straight on your phone. Results can be shown on Chromecast enabled TVs, which means you can also use your TV for visual responses.
- Bluetooth support is coming to Google Home, so now you can play any audio from your iOS or Android. Google will also partner with HBO NOW, CBS All Access, HGTV, and Netflix (of course)
Google Home will be coming to five new countries this summer, which includes Canada, Australia, France, Germany, and Japan. Google didn’t give any specific date or availability.