Xiaomi has just announced it’s much-awaited smartphone in China; Xiaomi Mi 6. This smartphone has been rumored for a long time. It has a stainless steel frame on four sides with 3D glass on four sides and comes with stereo.
Xiaomi Mi 6; The Next Flagship
Apart from the highlighted specifications, Xiaomi has pretty efficiently copied the portrait mode (which blurs the background and was introduced in iPhone 7) and ditched 3.5mm standard audio jack (the reason why it called as Apple of China).
There is also four-axis optical image stabilization (OIS) for taking steady photos and videos. As rumored, the smartphone comes with an under-glass ultrasonic fingerprint scanner at the front, which can be used for Alipay and WeChat payments and has an infrared sensor (on the top).
Xiaomi Mi 6 Specifications
- 5.15-inch (1920×1080 Pixels) Full HD Display
- 2.45GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 SoC
- Adreno 540 GPU
- 6GB RAM
- 64GB / 128GB Storage (Not Expandable)
- 12MP Rear Camera With 1.25μm Pixel Size, f/1.8 Aperture, Dual-Tone LED Flash, 4-axis OIS, 4K Video Recording, Secondary 12MP Camera With 1.0 μm Pixel Size, 52mm Portrait Lens, f/2.6 Aperture
- 8MP Front-Facing Camera
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat With MIUI 8
- 3,350 mAh Battery With Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
- Ultrasonic Fingerprint Sensor, Stereo Speakers, Infrared Sensor, Splash Resistant
- Dual SIM, 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB-C
- Dimensions: 145.17x 70.49×7.45 mm; Weight: 168g / 182g (Ceramic)
The Xiaomi Mi 6 comes in Bright Blue, Bright Black, White Colors, Silver Edition with reflective mirrors like finish frame and a ceramic version with an 18K gold finish around the camera.
The 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version of the Xiaomi Mi 6 is priced at 2499 yuan (roughly US$ 363 / Rs 23,447), whereas the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version is priced at 2899 yuan (US$ 421 /Rs 27,200). The ceramic version of the same with 128GB costs 2999 yuan (US$ 436 /Rs 28,138). It will be available in China starting from April 28.