After numerous leaks and rumors, Samsung has announced their Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus smartphones at its New York event. Well, much like leaked images and reports, both the smartphone have Infinity Display i.e an end-to-end display, redefining bezel-less displays.
Samsung Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8 Plus
Both the Smartphones comes with a 5.8-inch Quad HD+ screen, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection on the front and the back. The smartphone is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 SoC, paired with 4GB RAM / 6GB RAM, 64GB / 128GB expandable storage, runs on Android Nougat and is fueled by 3000mAh battery on Galaxy S8 and 3500mAh battery on Galaxy S8 Plus.
In addition to that, both the smartphones will support Samsung’s new docking feature; Samsung DeX (DeX is an Android-based desktop-like experience that lets users to seamlessly access the smartphone like a desktop). Both the phones have Bixby AI assistant that promises a more personalized experience to enhance the experience of users.
ALSO READ: Samsung Officially Announced Bixby, Its New Artificial Intelligence!
Bixby is not an ordinary voice assistant, but rather an intuitive and comprehensive interface that leverages contextual awareness to learn users’ habits and respond accordingly.
Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8 Plus Specifications
- S8 – 5.8-inch Quad HD+ (2960×1440 Pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity Display With 570ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- S8 Plus – 6.2-inch Quad HD+ (2960×1440 Pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity Display With 529ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9 Series 8895 Processor
- Adreno 540 GPU / Mali-G71 MP20 GPU (resp.)
- 4GB RAM / 6GB RAM
- 64GB / 128GB Storage + Expandable Via MicroSD
- 12MP Dual Pixel Rear Camera With LED Flash, f/1.7 Aperture, 1/2.55″ Sensor Size, OIS, 1.4µm Pixel Size
- 8MP Auto Focus Front-Facing Camera With f/1.7 Aperture, 1/3.6″ Sensor Size, 1.22µm Pixel Size, 80-Degree Wide-Angle Lens
- Android 7.0 Nougat
- S8 – 3000mAh Battery With Fast Charging Both On Wired And Wireless Charging
- S8 Plus – 3500mAh Battery With Fast Charging Both On Wired And Wireless Charging
- Ultra High-Quality Audio Playback, Iris Scanner, Dust And Water Resistant (IP68)
- Sensors – Accelerometer, Barometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor, Iris Sensor, Pressure Sensor
- Single / Hybrid Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, VHT80 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth v 5.0, GPS With GLONASS, USB 2.0, NFC, MST
- S8 – Dimensions: 148.9 x 68.1 x 8.0mm; Weight: 152g
- S8 Plus – Dimensions: 159.5 x 73.4 x 8.1mm; Weight: 173g
ALSO READ: Samsung Unveils Exynos 9 Series 8895 Built On 10nm FinFET Process!
The Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus comes in Midnight Black, Orchid Gray, Coral Blue, Artic Silver and Maple Gold colors. The Galaxy S8 is priced at $750 (Rs 48,660 approx) and the Galaxy S8+ costs $850 (Rs 55,140 roughly). The smartphone comes with AKG by Harmon earbuds, which will be available separately for $99 (Rs 6420 approx). The pre-order for the both the smartphones starts tomorrow i.e on March 30th and will go on sale starting on April 21.