Motorola announced two new smartwatches – the Moto 360 2nd Gen and the Moto 360 Sport. Which includes both Men’s and Women’s line, along with Moto 360 Sport model that is coming later down in this year. Both will launch until the end of this year.
Well, you get two sizes of watches to choose from the regular non-sport Moto 360. There are 46 mm and 42 mm options for men with the women’s collection also carrying that 42 mm.
The new Moto 360’s have improved battery life up to 2 days, design tweaks, quick release watch bands, a more powerful health experience through Moto Maker.
Moto Maker (Updated)
Moto Maker comes with new options. Not only you can choose from a handful of different colors (including regular gold and rose gold), but there are new bezel treatments, mixing and matching of colors, and of-course metal or leather bands.
Moto 360 2nd Generation
- The new Moto 360, as Motorola likes to call it, comes with improved design and battery life, enhanced fitness tracking and it’s highly customizable. Motorola stuck to the “flat tire” display for the new generation Moto 360, as they claim this was the only way for them to keep the bezels so thing and achieve the 71.7% screen-to-body ratio.
- The Moto 360 2nd Gen will be available within the Moto Maker website and will be highly customizable – you will be able to choose between various materials, additional bezels, colors, band colors and materials.
- There is no official information on the chip inside the new Moto 360, but it does sport a heart-rate sensor, Wi-Fi connectivity allowing you to keep connection to your phone even when you are out of the Bluetooth range, wireless charging support. Unofficial sources suggest the 42 mm model is powered by a 275 mAh unit, while the 46 mm has a 375 mAh battery.
- Moto 360 2nd Gen runs on the latest Android Wear, enhanced with Motorola’s custom watch faces and Live Dials – those are shortcuts available on the watch faces.
For Fitness Enthusiast, there’s also a new Moto 360 Sport Version.
Moto 360 Sport
- The Moto 360 Sport is a new take on the 360 smartwatch with the fitness fans in mind. It has everything the second generation Moto 360 offers, but comes with the new Moto 360 Sport, you can now leave your smartphone at home during your daily run. Builtin GPS accurately tracks your speed, distance, and pace, while a heart sensor tracks other important vitals.
- Now Moto 360 V2 has better AnyLight Hybrid display with higher sunlight legibility, integrated GPS and option to work without your phone, plus it can store your music for offline listening while you are training.
- The Moto 360 Sport, just like the regular Moto 360, is IP67 certified for dust and water resistance, though it isn’t water proof and is not meant for swimming or diving. It has strong silicone bands with UV coating so they can last longer and endure when subjected to moisture, water and dust.
- Take your workout to the limit without worrying about your watch, thanks to desirable yet comfortable design. Strong silicon construction with special UV coating wicks away moisture and resists fading and staining, while side ventilation channels help you to stay cool.
Motorola is yet to detail the pricing and availability of Moto 360 Sport, but I can confirm you that the sport model will come in just one size.
The Moto 360 2nd Generation will be released world wide. As of now its available on pre-order in the USA via Motorola.com, Google Play Store.
Personally I think Moto 360 in its 2nd Gen will be a very cool update. Are these Specs and features enough to convince you?? Is there anything missing that you’d like to see added?? Let me know all your thoughts in the comments below and check back soon for more information about upcoming devices…
For the fast reports, deep insights & opinion on consumer technology, and more, subscribe to TechDipper on Telegram. You can also follow TechDipper on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.